Measuring for Outside Mount with a Decorative Architrave
You're most likely reading this article because you've established two things about your window:
- 1. You don't have enough clearance in your recess and therefore, need to outside mount your shutter;
- 2. You have a decorative architrave
Measuring for an outside mount with a decorative architrave (as opposed to other architrave types) requires a different process because, due to the nature of a decorative architrave, there is no clear-cut flat surface to mount your frame.
What is a decorative architrave
A decorative Architrave will feature grooves and un-level surfaces. (Think Victorian style house).
how to measure
Locate a flat surface on your decorative architrave that is greater than 38.1mm. This could be on the inner, middle or outer part of the architrave. This is where you will be installing your frame.
- Measure the width from the edge of the flat surface to the opposite edge. Take three measurements.
- Measure the height from the edge of the flat surface to the opposite edge. Take three measurements.
- Provide the smallest of each measurement.
If you have any questions or need help with measuring, we're always available for a phone call!
Was this article helpful?