The Shutters Department saves you money by offering shutters for 'Do It Yourself' measure and installation. Accuracy is very important as each shutter is custom built to suit you measurements. We understand that sometimes mistakes happen, which is why offer a paid Expert Review & Measure Guarantee. This feature has been introduced to help you get the best possible results for your order with the peace of mind that if you have made mistakes with your measurements and, as a result, your shutters do not reasonably fit in your window, we will remake your shutters free of charge.
If you feel that you have made a measuring mistake after attempting to install your shutters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your claim and be in touch within 2-3 business days.
To be eligible for our Measure Guarantee, you must participate fully in the order review process. This is how we catch mistakes and ensure your shutters are perfectly suited to your windows. This means
- Being available to speak to us on the phone;
- Answering, to the best of your ability, all questions we have about your order;
- Sharing photos of your windows with us;
- Double confirming your measurements with us to catch any typos;
- Re-measuring your windows if requested by our team
Further, our standard terms continue to apply:
- Measurements need to be taken with a metal measuring tape;
- The windows being measured must be completed and final (not still under construction);
- We can't accommodate changes of mind once an order has been sent to the manufacturer;
- We take standard deductions (more details can be found here) and these will be reiterated to you during the review call
And there are some additional terms that will apply here:
- Light gaps of less than 10mm or that exist due to windows being out of square are considered reasonable;
- If you order imported shutters and have made a measuring mistake, we will not be able to remake your shutters with our local manufacturer;
- Upon reviewing an order, if we aren't confident that measurements were taken properly, we may, at our discretion, cancel the measure guarantee and refund the amount paid for this service;
To avoid measuring mistakes and hassle, we strongly encourage you to read all measuring instructions carefully and have someone check your measurements. Measure twice - shutter once!